Wednesday 13 February 2013

Trial urban shoot

The dance style I wanted to focus on to begin with is street dance. Street dance has been around for decades but as everybody is aware, styling is recycled and my aim was create an urban theme to the shoot.
Street dance formally known as Vernacular dance refers to dance styles regardless of country of origin that evolved outside of dance studios in any available open space such as streets, dance parties, parks, school yards, raves and nightclubs. Street dance is usually improvisational and social in nature, it encourages interaction and contact through spectators and other dancers.  

Street dance has also increased in popularity due to TV shows such as 'Got to dance' 'So you think you can dance'. As this themed shoot is very fresh I thought I would begin with this style. 

Creating my first shoot I wanted to portray an urban feel to the shots in a refreshing way considering the use of colours, lighting and styling. I chose vibrant colours such as deep blues and reds to set a rich mood for the image. My mood board displays 



Here are a few examples from the shoot:  





I am fond of the final pictures although these are unedited at this point in time. I am pleased with the use of colour on the lips for each look as it is visible to the viewer in a bold and clear statement.

The styling and accessories I think are strong and do set the theme and give the idea of street dance, however I think something is missing! 

I will take these images into the next seminar to discuss with my tutors and peers to receive a good level of feedback in order for me to move forward with my study.  

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment