Wednesday 13 February 2013

Collaborating work...

I have also been fairly busy with collaborating with other students from fashion styling and photography. 

A particular shoot that I have worked on has taken place recently was at a roller disco hall in Southampton. The theme was disco, using the bright coloured lights in the editorial, sequins, embellishments and beading. The styling was quite vintage looking and had high use of jewel coloured clothing, the clothes looked sleek and the rich colours really set the mood for the shoot. 

Make-up was made up to display a flawless complexion, nude lip and heavy, dramatic and metallic eye shadow. The dark colour on the eye enhanced the eye shape with eye liner added afterwards.

Hair was made to be very sleek and slicked back to the head and fixed with spray and gel to create a rich shine which complemented the styling and make-up. 

Here are a few pictures styled, photographed and created by : Zoe Rollins. 










I worked on the dark haired model you can see in the photographs following the theme given I created the hair and make-up. I really liked the outcome of these pictures and love the way Zoe created the pictures and gave a sense of movement in her photography. 

Working on this shoot really made me think about how I would like to capture the rest of my shots and display a sense of movement and flexibility considering my FMP is based on dance styles and movements that are current and styles that are classical. 

My photo-shoots will all be based on a dance style and will all have a colour scheme relating to the mood that different dances can portray for example. 'Krumping' can be seen as an aggressive style of dance which could be enhanced with an editorial shoot based on the colour black, grimy but strong looking make-up and hair can portray this mood within a picture. This is the route I am aiming to take within created my FMP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment