Wednesday 13 February 2013

Salsa Shoot Ideas

Salsa is a dance form with origins from the Cuba Son (circa 1920's) and Afro-Cuban dance (specifically Afro-Cuban Rumba). Salsa is always associated with tropical music and styles of salsa music. It is usually a partner dance although there are forms such as line dance from 'salsa suelta' where dancers move individually. 

Salsa is a vibrant and energetic style and I would like to research further into this dance and create a shoot to publish within my FMP book. 

Here are a couple of facecharts I have created to begin my vision for this shoot: 


I plan to find a model with afro/frizzy curly hair to enhance the look I envisage. Hair style is very important so I need to think carefully about how I do the make up to complement the hair and styling also. 

I also plan to style my model in a brightly coloured dress with perhaps a chunky gold necklace for decoration  and contrast with the hair style. 

Lets see how my research pans out and my look develops... 

No comments:

Post a Comment