Monday 6 May 2013

Re-shoot on Contemporary Look

The contemporary dance themed shoot was carried out on the same day as my 'jazz' inspired shoot. Being lucky enough to get hold of a camera and professional lights this allowed me to experiment with composition. 

After a feed back session before Easter, my tutor advised me to perhaps interpret a photo shoot into the book that involves two models. This idea could work well with the chosen theme to this project so I decided to give this idea a go and contacted two models to contribute to this dance genre of 'Contemporary'. 

Here are some of the shots: 


With this idea I explored various ways of positioning the models to get as many strong double shots as possible to express the sense of dance and connection to movement. 

The styling was completely revamped as I wanted to create a whole new look. The black leotards are intended to make the models look smart and bold whilst drawing attention to the coloured visors. The aim was to display an extremely modernised look and with this theme in mind I decided to scrape the hair back into a tight pony tail and wrap the hair around the join to finish the style in a clean and effective way. 





I wanted to create a fairly simple make-up look as the first attempt at the contemporary theme, I found I was trying to add too many styles into one look and almost over complicated what should of been a bold and simple design. 

With this in mind I decided to keep a simple eye liner design as the eyes were to be covered by the brightly coloured visors. I wanted to focus the make-up look on the lip and did this by creating a two tone lip. 

However, after looking back at the images the purple lip colour has not turned out as brightly as I would of imagined it to look so after going through this issue with my tutor I want to attempt to edit the colour of the lips on Photoshop to see if I can create a more brightly coloured finish to make the look flow and stand out.  


Re-touched images are to come...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment