Monday 6 May 2013

Contemporary Edits

Below are the re-touched images from the 'contemporary theme shoot'. The shadow created on the back drop I think can work well with the theme of movement photography as well as trying out the staggering technique available on Photoshop. 


This re-touched image has good and bad aspects. A better aspect of the photo is the composition, its in keeping with the theme, the positioning is intended to display a strong correlation between the models to suggest flowing dance movements.  

However, the front model's lips do not look as bold and shapely as intended so this could be a reason not to include this particular shot for the book. Further editing may come in use and revamp the overall outcome. 


Lip colour experiment:

After analysing the faults in this shoot I wanted to attempt to change the lip colour to see if this would revive the intended outcome. The brightly coloured visors set the colour scheme off and I thought brightly coloured glossy lips would perhaps work better than the first attempt of two tone purple lips, so I gave it a shot and this is the finished product. 


After another feed back session my tutor agreed that the change of lip colour improves the image a great deal and rounds off the vibrant and modern feel to the shoot. 

This will be one of my final images for the book and I am pleased I went back and changed certain aspects of the look further to get to this point in the final stages of editing and choosing final images to print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment