Friday 29 March 2013

Waltz Shoot


The waltz shoot went fairly smoothly I found. I was able to find a model with longer coppery colour hair which was a great plus as I had envisaged this for the shoot.

I wanted to choose the styling carefully as I needed the outfit to fit the theme of the shoot. I ended up choosing a cream embellished lace top from 'Topshop' retailing at £38.00. I think it gives a feel of classic 1940/50's glamour which is a large part of the idea for the final images. 

Here are a few snap shots from the make up room showing preparation of the models hair and make up design. 

As my last lot of feedback encouraged me to involved more hair design within my next shoots, I decided it was better to start straight away and experiment with my waltz inspired shoot. 






I used the technique of twisting on my models hair to create an intricate design around the head and fixed it into place with dark coloured clips. 

I think this creates a soft and glamorous design in keeping with the theme, make up and styling. I brushed through two sections at the front of the hair to pin back to the ear each side loosely to finish off the front of the design shown in the pictures below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment