Monday 25 March 2013

Edits...

Edits are to follow for the 'Jazz' themed shoot as well as 'Tango' shoot. 

Here is one edit from the 'Ballet' inspired photo shoot which I am extremely please with colour wise and composition. 



I did face a problem when doing this look as the model had roots to cover before I started the make up and hair. I has thought to use grease paint colour pallet but soon realised that this pallet would brush on far too thick and be too bright to use on the hair. I did not want to create blocks of colour, keeping the texture and lines in the hair style does finish off the hair style nicely. 

To resolve this issue I had with the models roots I ended up using an eyebrow brush to brush through Illamasqua pallet that is mixed with water. This pallet luckily worked a treat as I was able to mix the exact colour match of the hair into the hair line to soften the harsh colour change. 

I kept the make up design and hair style simple with this look by using light eye powders on the eyelid and underneath the eye and also a cream coloured aqua colour to brush through the eyebrows and lashes to match the hair colour. I contoured and shaded the face with a rose pink and light blue blush powder to maintain structure to the face and neck. The post production compliments this simplistic look well by also demonstrating a smooth and simple edit. The use of light blue and pinks in the image display a graceful and soft  feel which is related to the art of ballet dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment