Tuesday 2 April 2013

Reflection so far...



I want to write a reflection post so far, to note down any thoughts or worries I have regarding images and preparation for the printed book.

I am pleased with many of my shoots planned and created so far however there are a couple that I think are not to my best ability.

I had a nightmare on the day of my 'Jazz' themed shoot and ended up with no photographer which then put strain on a lot of other aspects of the shoot ending up in me compromising time in hair and make-up to set up the shoot and hire camera and all other necessities in order to take the photographs. Because of this problem I had on the day I am not happy with the overall final images for 'Jazz' and I want to plan a re-shoot in the holidays. I will hire a camera and set up a studio from home as I am lucky enough to have access to leads and lights to borrow from local film studios at home in London.

The other shoot I am also entirely pleased with is the 'Contemporary' shoot. After having feed back from the tutors I am concerned about the standard of the shoot. I don’t want to include a shoot that isn't one hundred percent right and fitting to my book. If possible I am going to re-shoot this theme also in the holidays and use models I am in contact with from home in London to hopefully create a stronger shoot to use in my FMP.

Time is my main worry at the moment and how I’m going to put the book all together in InDesign to be sent off to print on time for submission. I have begun playing around with layouts in InDesign and using a template downloaded from Blurb which is 12x12 square book.

I will be printing my book with Blurb as their service is reliable and I have had various emails back and forth with Blurb concerning my book and what I will need to do to have it printed in time, paper type, thickness and pages and sizes.

I am planning on having 50-60 pages if not more if possible for the final product as I have aimed to complete x10 photo shoots. I would like to have glossy pages inside the book and perhaps a wrap around glossy cover also on the outside.

Time is ticking now and its time for me to focus on finalising my shoots and edits and getting these re-shoots I need done in order to move forward and finish the layout of my FMP in InDesign.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment