Thursday 31 January 2013

Feedback session 1

21/01/13

This session consisted of reading over my FMP proposal and targeting any issues that arise with a brief read through. 

I quickly learnt I will need to adjust my target market for my final book as I had proposed that the target market was mainly for professionals in the industry of make-up and hair design, dance and perhaps photography. I need to broaden my market as the book will consist of lots of classic glamour make-up which is of course used within TV and film containing dance styles or movements. Although I will be photographing classic looks, I will be touching on modernised versions also which can interest a far wider range of people. 

I have been advised to research into classic films which contain memorable dance scenes. With the likes of Gene Kelly, Fred Astair, Cyd Charisse, Karmen Miranda, Valentino and the list goes on. Here is a particular clip I loved from 'Singing in the rain'. This demonstrates tap dance and Charleston.  


I would love to create classical glamour looks with a hint of contemporary make-up styles throughout my printed book and take inspiration from not just dances but equally from films. There are so many films which are based on dance or feature a great amount of dance. The deeper I research, the better my shots will be for the finished product. 
I have started a sketchbook which enables me to gather information and pictures from magazines, books and sketches. Here is a mood board for Hollywood glamour: 


I have been putting together sketchbook pages gathering images which inspire me for different shoots for the finalised book thinking carefully about colours and styling for each style of dance for the shoots. Here are some examples: 



 (Top photo) - Jazz inspired shoot 
(2nd photo) - Samba dance inspired 

Starting this research has encouraged me to follow up with more information and to begin collaging mood boards together for the ideas for the finalised shoots. I need to specify what styles of dance I would like to cover within my printed book. So my next post will be all about the themes and styles of my final shoots. 































No comments:

Post a Comment